Demo Mode?

For general questions on Parago which dont fit in any of the specific forum areas

Moderator: Colin Nocetti

Ben

Demo Mode?

Post by Ben »

Hello

Could I please have a reply to how demo mode differs to the full Parago agent?

Thanks
Ben Donaldson - Schools ICT Services for CCC
Stuart

Re: Demo Mode?

Post by Stuart »

The demonstration version of ParagoAgent differs only in the configuration and packaging. The software itself is not different in any way. It has been designed specifically to facilitate demonstration and testing and should not be used for any other purpose.

The main differences are...

* It's packaged as a single EXE file.
* It displays a status window when running.
* It runs a pre-defined configuration consisting of hardware and software detection followed by immediate upload.
* The only configurable options are the proxy details.
* It will always attempt to upload the data, and if it fails it will save it on the Desktop. That file can then be uploaded manually.

I hope that gives you the information you need.

-Stuart
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I assume by "proper version" you are referring to the MSI package?

The MSI is very different from the other packages in that it installs ParagoAgent as a service. While it is highly unlikely, the service may have issues with computer configuration or the other software that is installed even when the demonstration version, which runs as an application, works perfectly.

-Stuart
Ben

Post by Ben »

At present we have had several admin computers around cheshire (Dell machines) with our 2000 image on them, Parago demo agent seems to run fine if the data is batched however this needs looking into further by myself (when I have a min)

We have just released our schools XP image and Parago has not yet been tested on this, it will be eventually!

I have just visisted a school and on several machines where Parago was crashing the machines have found this work around

Download demo version to pen drive
Disable network card on machine
Run parago demo agent
The data then gets batched to the desktop
Copy data to pen and make sure that parago agent service has not installed (I believe it won't as it doesn't in the demo version)
Manual upload of data

Only problem of course is that this will not keep machines up to date
Ben Donaldson - Schools ICT Services for CCC
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

We have identified an issue with ParagoAgent 2.5 on Windows 2000 and are currently investigating the causes.